The figure that between holiday planning, work and family life, interested home buyers aren’t going to have the time to navigate the market looking for their next home.
Although this is a valid concern, it’s still possible to sell your Western North Carolina home during the wintertime, as long as you market it correctly.
Continue reading to learn about steps you can take to ensure that you’re home leaves a good impression on interested home buyers.
Stage Your Home for Success During the Winter
The first thing that home sellers should know about wintertime home buyers is that these people mean business!
After all, why would you even both juggling holiday planning, house hunting and day-to-day obligations unless you were serious about investing in a piece of mountain real estate.
Thus, home sellers should be aware that first impressions are going to be critical.
Here are some steps you can take to ensure that interested home buyers won’t be able to get your Cashiers area home for sale out of their head:
- Create an environment where home buyers can visualize themselves living in your home. Do this by adding a few warm and welcoming accents around your home, such as a holiday wreath on the door or by setting the dining room table.
- But remember: less is more. Too many accents may prove distracting to home buyers. Or worse, it may cause home buyers to envision YOUR family living there. That’s certainly the last thing you want when you’re trying to sell your home.
- Accommodate the home buyers schedule as often as possible. These individuals are taking the time out of their busy holiday season to tour your house and see if it’s a good fit for their family. So be flexible and work with their schedule as best you can. You never know – it might lead to you selling your home!
- Let there be light. A few selectively placed lights can do wonders for making a room feel bigger and more inviting. The same goes for open curtains. Add even more emphasis to your home’s great features by using porch lights or other exterior lights. After all, winter is the time of year when natural light is lacking, so you’ll need all the extra lighting you can get.
- Just say “No” to Seasonal Home Aromas. While the smell of apples and cinnamon might be one of your favorite holiday aromas, it might be off-putting and distracting to an interested home buyer. With such aromas, you risk leaving a bad impression on a home buyer, causing a prospective deal to fall through. To avoid that, put away the holiday aromas for showings.
Your NC Mountain Real Estate Experts
Selling your home in the Cashiers NC area doesn’t have to be an impossible task if you know how to market your home successfully.
As your NC Mountain REALTOR, I’ll provide you with expert advice, as well as such helpful home selling tools as:
- Information all buyers and sellers need to know
- The Seller’s Institute
- 10 Seller Suggestions
- MOVA Assessment
Until next time,