It was an interesting month on the Highlands real estate market, according to the most recent data on real estate website Trulia.
Evidently, both home sales prices and the number of home sales decreased, while the average listing price actually increased.
Invest in a Highlands Home for Sale
Here’s an overview of the current state of the Highlands real estate market, based on the most recent market data:
- Currently there are 792 resale and new homes, including 2 in the pre-foreclosure, auction or bank-owned stages.
- Between August and October, the median sales price for a Highlands home was $325,000.
- Compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price decreased by 22.1 percent, or about $92,257.
- Meanwhile, the number of home sales decreased 96 percent.
- During the week ending on Nov. 16, the average listing price for a Highlands home for sale was $842,830, which is a 0.8 percent increase when compared to last week.
- During that same week, the average listing price for a 1-bedroom Highlands home was $347,000.
- The average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $457,000
- And the average listing price for 3- and 4- bedroom Highlands homes was $617,000 and $1,143,000.
Your N.C. Mountain REALTORS
The recent market data suggests that the housing market in the N.C. Mountains is still very much a buyer’s market.
After all, both home sales prices and the number of home sales has fallen, meaning that home sellers will likely to be willing to bargain with home buyers in order to sell their home.
As your Highlands area REALTOR, I’ll be happy to provide you with expert advice as well as such helpful tools as:
Until next time,