Evidently, North Carolina’s land trusts recently received federal funds to help protect about 20 of the state’s scenic byways, including the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Continue reading to learn more about this exciting development, and what it means for Cashiers area home buyers.
Cashiers, NC Area Real Estate
According to the recent article, this is the second time that North Carolina’s land trusts have received federal funding for land protection projects.
This time, the federal government gave $2.7 million to these area land trusts to help protect natural, cultural and historical resources along these scenic byways.
These land trusts will accomplish this noble goal by:
- Educating landowners about conservation efforts
- Acquiring property and conservation easements
- Planning for conservation efforts on other area byways.
Some of the byways that will benefit from these efforts include:
- Drovers Road Scenic Byway in Henderson County
- 90 acres near the summit of Bearwallow Mountain
- Six additional routes throughout Western North Carolina
Investing in Cashiers, NC Area Real Estate
I’m thrilled that the federal government is awarding our area more money to help keep out mountains beautiful.
After all, thousands of people all over the country flock to Western North Carolina each year because this area is known for its awe-inspiring natural beauty and breath-taking vistas.
Until next time,