From music festivals to antique fairs – there seems to be a festival for every interest and walk of life in this area.
Continue reading to learn more about the various festivals going on this month in the Highlands, NC area.
Live in the Highlands, Cashiers and Sapphire Area? Check Out These Festivals
Here’s a brief sampling of some of the interesting festivals taking place in the Highlands, NC area this month:
Folkmoot: Enjoy traditional folk dances and music during this ten-day festival taking place throughout Western North Carolina.
- When: July 21 through 31
- Where: Various locations, including downtown Waynesville
- Admission: Performance ticket costs vary
- More Info: Call 452-3517 or visit www.folkmootusa.org
Shindig on the Green: Enjoy various free outdoor music shows at this annual festival which runs on Saturdays throughout August.
- When: 7 to 10 p.m. on Aug. 13, Aug. 20, Aug 27, and Sept. 3.
- Where: Pack Square Park in downtown Asheville
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Visit www.folkheritage.org/shindigonthegreen.htm.
Lake Logan Multi-Sport Festival: Come to participate or just to watch the various atheletic competitions that will be held between Aug. 6 and 7. These events include the Lake Logan Internation Triathalon, the Sprint Triathalon and the Aquathlon.
- When: Aug. 6 to 7
- Where: Lake Logan Episcopal Retreat Center, N.C. 215 in the Bethel Community of Canton
- Admission: Prices vary
- More Info: Call 400-5868
Music on the Moutaintop: This family-friend annual event features nothing but the best Appalachian music.
- When: Aug. 26 to 27
- Where: The Old High Country Fairgrounds in Boone
- Admission: Prices Vary
- More Info: Visit www.musiconthemountaintop.com.
Wine and Food Festival: During this annual event in Asheville, visitors can learn about the various types of wine and taste selections as well.
- When: Aug. 12 to 13
- Where: WNC Expo Center near the Asheville Regional Airport
- Admission: Prices Vary
- More Info: Visit www.wncmagazine.com/wineandfood/stay
Entering the Highlands, NC Area Real Estate Market
As you can see, there’s always something fun and exciting going on in the North Carolina Mountains.
I’ll give you even more information about what it’s like to live in the Highlands, NC area as well as answer any questions you might have.
In the meantime, feel free to check out my helpful Highlands NC home buying resources, which include:
- Information All Buyers Need to Know
- Buying Guide
- Listing of the Week
- Home Finder Assistant
- The Home Buying Process
- And more!
Until next time,